Malindo became Batik Air

Posted on 13.05.2017

From the second half of this year Batik Air is going to be the new name for Malindo Air.

The rationale behind the branding change is to better align the offerings within Indonesia’s Lion Air Group stable of airlines to ensure there is seamless full service travel domestically and internationally.

Malindo Air (Batik Air Malaysia) will be the international link within the Lion Air group while the existing Batik Air Indonesia will continue to serve the Indonesian market and it is a full service carrier.

The Lion Air Group controls Lion Air, Wings Air, Batik Air (Indonesia), Lion Bizjet, Malaysia’s Malindo Air, and Thailand’s Thai Lion Air. Malindo is 49% owned by Lion Group, controlled by Rusdi Kirana and his brother, and the remaining 51% is held predominately by Malindo Air CEO Chandran Rama Muthy.

Malindo now offers interlining services to four airlines - Etihad Airways, Oman Air, Turkish Airlines and Qatar Airways.

Today Malindo makes 240 departures daily both from its bases in Subang and KLIA. Their airfares are not like those low cost carriers as they do not charge for baggage and offer entertainment and meals onboard.

Customer Support

Phone: (+6221) 6379 8000 ext 0
Fax : (+6221) 633 5669
Email: customercare@lionair.co.id